Wicca, Witchcraft and Paganism, for the Novice to the Crone
As the Imbolc Maiden awakens, these muffins will awaken your taste buds
Copyright © 2007 Gray Seal
These delightful muffins are traditionally eaten during the Imbolc Celebration. (Recipe by By Danielle K - Food.com)
Total Time: 1 hrs 2 mins
Prep Time: 40 mins
Cook Time: 22 mins
● 2 cups flour
● 2 carrots, grated
● 1/2 cup raisins
● 1 green apple, peeled, cored, grated
● 1 cup sugar
● 1/2 cup almonds, sliced
● 2 teaspoons baking soda
● 3 eggs
● 2 teaspoons cinnamon
● 2/3 cup vegetable oil
● 1/2 teaspoon salt
● 2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Soak raisins in hot water, in a covered bowl, for 30 minutes.
2. Drain thoroughly.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F
4. In a large non-metal bowl, mix flour, soda, cinnamon, and salt.
5. Stir in carrots, raisins, apple, and almonds.
6. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, oil, and vanilla until well blended.
7. Stir egg mixture in to the flour mixture until just wet.
8. Grease muffin pan with a little butter or use cupcake/muffin cups.
9. Divide the batter into the cups and bake for 20-22 minutes, or until golden brown.
10. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
Read more at: www.food.com